Human Resources Manager
Whom are we looking for
Based in Barcelona, you will work as HR Manager for a team of 45 people, composed of a mix of data scientists and consultants.
You will work in close collaboration with Members of the Board who will oversee the overall HR strategy.
Duties and responsibilities
- Gathering personnel needs in the different areas of the company to promote well-being and efficiency within the team
- Team Skills Mapping
- Carrying out the recruitment and selection processes for new hires
- Coordinating the onboarding plan
- Fostering internal communication of values and processes
- Co-designing and following-up career plans
- Managing internal training of the team: defining needs and suggesting training options
- Monitoring and adapting talent retention measures: compensation, motivation, working environment
- Collaborating in managing vacations, leaves, occupational health and safety
- Collaborating in the promotion of the values of the organisation.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Knowledge and experience in talent management
- Proactive, resolute, positive, with a creative attitude
- Highly organised and reliable
- Empathic with high interpersonal relationship capacities
- Flexible and people-oriented
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English
- Advanced user of the Google Workspace
- Working experience in not-for-profit organisations would be a plus
With a Degree in Psychology, Labour Relations or related training, and at least 3 years of experience in a similar position, you are looking for the opportunity to bring your insights and methods to a company working for the public and not-for-profit sector, with a strong ethical vision. You are looking for the opportunity to help the company keep a healthy, pleasant work culture as it grows, and you are excited by the possibility of being the first HR professional working in the company.
You want to have a strong positive impact on society and are aligned with the values of the company.
From your academic or professional experience, you know how to analyse, design and ensure good management of the company’s most important capital: its talents.
Send CV and cover letters before the end of July 2022 to: email@example.com by specifying the code 2022HRManager in the subject of the email.
Selection process and calendar
The selection process will unfold in accordance with the following steps:
- Pre-selection: after an initial CV screening, a quick screening interview will be carried out with short-listed candidates.
- Test: psychotechnical and technical assessment of further short-listed candidates.
- Interviews: after the test, pre-selected candidates will be invited to meet in person with SIRIS team members, to assess, among other things, a good fit within the team.
- Job offer: will be sent to the successful candidate after meeting with SIRIS team members.
The company’s policy is to inform all candidates whether or not they pass each of the phases.
Hiring is expected to take place immediately after the selection process, with expected incorporation in the Autumn of 2022.
Our hiring model includes an indefinite contract with a trial period of 3 months. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- Salary depends on experience and is in line with industry standards (more info).
- All work-related expenses will be covered by SIRIS Academic.
- Workstation in a shared office + laptop.
- Relocation/moving budget as a contribution to cover part of the related expenses (if applicable).
- A beautiful and lively office in downtown Barcelona, with 360º views and nice perks.
- Hybrid work model (combine the option of working at the office with working from everywhere)
- Flexible working hours
Context: who we are and what we do
What? We are a consulting firm. We work with decision makers in the public or non-profit sector, and provide them with insights, processes and tools, which challenge them to think and enable them to accomplish their mission better.
Our services can take many forms: a strategic or analytical report, a business intelligence tool, interactive data visualisations, a participatory workshop, a coaching session, the moderation of a discussion, a strategic recommendation, etc.
But if the form varies, the core is always the same: what matters to us is to help leaders and stakeholders make better, more informed and more accountable decisions for the benefit of society.
How? We approach problems as researchers would: questioning systematically, proposing models, looking for evidence. We never defend a position which we have not tested as deeply as we can. We provide decision-makers with the tools and arguments to make decisions but we also understand that their job involves political compromises and that the ideal decision is not always either possible or optimal.
Who? Born from research, our team of 42 people is a colourful mix, with specialities ranging from archaeology to physics, and philosophy to biology. Together, we represent 12 nationalities and speak many languages. Our team is held together by a strong ethical vision, based on the respect of the contribution of everyone, the belief in collective wisdom, and a deep curiosity.
Where? Based in Barcelona, we work mostly in Europe, with a strong base in Spain, France and Italy, and activities in the UK and Germany.
With whom? Our clients are leaders and managers in regional governments, ministries, universities and research organizations, not-for-profit foundations, etc.
In which sectors? Currently, most of our activity focuses on the sectors of higher education, science & innovation policy, regional development and social impact.
And…. why? Deep down, we want to make the world a better place by improving public policies. We are strong believers in the power of science-based evidence, participative approaches and accountability processes to improve the way public policies are designed and decisions taken, day after day.
What we expect from SIRIS team members
What you’ll encounter at SIRIS
- Challenging job
- Strong ethical values